Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Matt Dillahunty Leave ACA

Why Did Matt Dillahunty Leave the ACA?

 

Why Did Matt Dillahunty Leave The ACA? 

In October of 2022 Matt Dillahunty left the Atheist Community of Austin. He gave the following statement:

During The Atheist Experience on Sunday, October 2nd, I announced that it would be my final show and that I would be leaving the Atheist Community of Austin. This live stream, scheduled for 4pm Central on October 9th will address the story behind this decision as well as what comes next. Some reminders:

1. I'm not asking anyone else to leave the ACA or stop supporting the ACA, you do what you feel is best. Support me, them, both, neither...but I'm giving my reasons for why I'm no longer supporting them.

2. No one should harrass or bother the ACA about this, no matter how you feel about the information. There are still great people there, doing good, even if it's an organization I no longer wish to work with.

3. My former cohosts are AMAZING people - do not call in to ACA shows and ask the presenters to weigh in on this issue. The presenters on AxP were informed that I was leaving and, in part, why...but presenters on other shows were not informed and do not know all of the isseus (part of the problem).

4. I'm not sure if I'l be taking questions or not - the delay makes it difficult. But I do not have plans to address this issue after today. Getting back to work is the primary goal.

Rumour has it that Dillahunty is upset at the ACA for not standing by his side over the David Silverman and Beth Presswood drama

Message from fellow atheist community president:

The Atheist Community of Austin (ACA) has lost an amazing volunteer in @Matt Dillahunty, who has explained this situation with the utmost professionalism -- encouraging people to continue to support the ACA's mission is the correct approach, and is an example of Matt's care and integrity. Thank you, Matt, for everything you've done, and continue to do, for the atheism demographic; your hard work is greatly appreciated by people from all over the world. -- Randolf Richardson (in Canada)

ACA SLAVES TO WOMEN



No comments:

Post a Comment