Thursday, June 25, 2020

Steve Mcrae Blog Post To Aronra Definition Agnosticism

 

Aronra Strawmanning Habit

I am reading an old blog post by Steve Mrcrae  who is the owner of the Great Debate Community. He keeps responding to Aronra where he is frustrated after repeatedly telling Aronra he doesn't believe lack of belief is the same thing as believing it is false. This was after they had multiple interactions in their disagreement over the definition of Agnosticism.

Aronra has a nasty habit of strawmanning repeatedly. He did this with Eric Hernandez and recently with me.

Steve Mrae To Aronra on GDC Blog:

"Aron you keep strawmanning me…like every time. Even other people tell you that you are strawmanning me as they can easily see it…I have NEVER said ~Bp is the same as B~p, lack of belief is NOT the same as believing p is false. NEVER would I make such a puerile mistake and yet you keep insisting I make such a silly claim I do not, nor have I ever made. Nor have I ever said that there is a position between being convinced and being not convinced. This is a dichotomy, Bp V ~Bp there is NO middle ground here in classical logic…so please stop saying I believe things that I do not believe.

People notice you continually making these false accusations of my positions which they infer means you either do not understand what people are saying nor do you seem to want to honestly fix your misconceptions.

If you strawman me on this again, claiming I believe things that I simply do not, nor have I ever, believed I will refer you back to this post as I don’t see how I can be any more clearer on this." 



Aron Ra vs Steve Mcrae






No comments:

Post a Comment